Safety of Client Assets
The safety of client assets is our #1 priority
At Nationwide Planning the safety of our client’s assets is our #1 priority, so we selected Pershing LLC – a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon as our custodian for client brokerage account assets. Consider some of the many advantages:
- Pershing’s parent company, The Bank of New York Mellon, is the world’s largest custodial bank with over $21 trillion in assets under custody and a top, global asset management firm with over $1.0 trillion in assets under management.
- As an introducing broker-dealer, Nationwide Planning does not hold client assets. All client brokerage assets are held at Pershing (or at an approved third party money managers).
- To further protect your assets, Pershing provides excess SIPC coverage that goes beyond normal SIPC limits.
Pershing has won many awards and recognitions:
- Ranked the #1 US Clearing Firm in 2008 and 2009 (by “Investment News”) and is one of the world’s strongest global financial institutions.
- Rated as having the #1 client brokerage statement, ranked among independent broker-dealers (DALBAR, Inc., 2009, 2010).
- Won the Visionary Award for “Most Sophisticated Document for Tax and Year-End Statement” (Exstream Software by HP, 2008)
Important Facts About Pershing’s Parent Company — The Bank of New York Mellon:
- Ranked as the "Safest Bank in the US" according to Global Finance Magazine, 2009
- World's largest custodian with over $21.8 Trillion in assets under custody
- AAA credit rating – from Moody's Investors Services
Other Related Topics...